PAKENHAM OFFICER STAR NEWS
Home » $90m ‘tower’ to go ahead

$90m ‘tower’ to go ahead

By Callan Date
CASEY council has given the green light for construction to begin on a $90 million hotel and entertainment complex in Narre Warren.
Work is expected to start on Casey Towers in the first few months of 2008 after a planning permit was issued last week.
Casey Towers is scheduled to open by December 2009 and will comprise hotel accommodation, convention and reception facilities, bars and live entertainment, fine dining and lifestyle services including a gymnasium.
The Grossi and Cardamone group, an organisation that has more than 20 years of building experience in the local area, is developing the project.
The two distinctive towers, one consisting of five levels and the other making up ten levels, is planned to take almost 10,000 square metres of vacant Princes Highway land near Victor Crescent.
Project manager Rick Grounds said the green light for the project signalled exciting times for Casey residents.
“The development is very much a coming of age for Narre Warren and the City of Casey,” he said.
“This high standard, multi-function hospitality complex brings to fruition a long-held vision of creating a landmark development to support and enhance the economic sustainability of the City of Casey.”
Casey mayor Colin Butler echoed Mr Grounds’ thoughts.
“There will be nothing like it in the region,” Mr Butler said.
“Casey Towers has the potential to attract more consumers both locally and nationally, to our surrounding local retail precincts and towns which is great news for our city.
“Developers Grossi and Cardamone group has undertaken extensive consumer research to confirm demand for such a leading edge complex for the area, which has resulted in an exciting vision for this significant development,” Cr Butler said.
It is expected that more than 1000 jobs will be created during the construction and about 200 ongoing positions will be on offer once the building is complete.
Function and conference facilities will also be available for up to 700 guests as well as a multi-level car park that will be linked to the hotel by a covered walkway.
“Discussions have been held regarding the operation of hotel accommodation and reception-convention facility with the outcome expected to be confirmed in the next few months,” Mr Grounds said.
“We are also in discussions regarding operation of the entertainment facilities, restaurants and gymnasium,” he said.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Two charged after alleged armed home invasion in Narre Warren South

    Two charged after alleged armed home invasion in Narre Warren South

    A Doveton man and a Berwick man have been charged following an alleged armed home invasion in Narre Warren South during the early morning of Wednesday 4 February. South Metro…

  • Bushfire register creates summer headache for schools

    Bushfire register creates summer headache for schools

    Local families in Cardinia and the Yarra Ranges were both confused and upset by sudden school closures on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 February. A statewide policy that informs what…

  • Thieves exploit road closures

    Thieves exploit road closures

    At a time when local businesses say their livelihoods are under threat from Big Build road closures, one has fallen victim to a costly burglary. Cardinia Crime Investigation unit detectives…

  • Champs, chats and chokes

    Champs, chats and chokes

    DAVE: Good morning boys, what a massive week of sport; we’ve a had a Pro-Am series through West Gippsland, the Woolamai Cup was on, Country Week has begun, and then…

  • New rules ban interest on hardship-deferred rates

    New rules ban interest on hardship-deferred rates

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 429633 Ratepayers facing hardship are expected not to be charged interest on deferred rates under new State rules. Casey has confirmed that it already…